Impact Wrestling is in Ontario, Canada all week long for a massive set of television tapings in the wake of Sunday’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view. The following are results from Monday’s taping event, which will air on Thursday November 10th.
Impact Wrestling TV Taping Results
Air Date: 11/10/2017
**It’s being said there were only about 100-150 people in attendance, and that’s with rumors that Impact hired a talent agency to pay for extras to come watch the show.
**As always with these long TV taping events, Impact doesn’t always tape every single show in order, and it’s possible some segments/matches will end up in different places.
– Global Champion Eli Drake kicked off the show with Chris Adonis, boasting about his “victory” at Bound For Glory. He claimed he had the night off because there was nobody left for him to beat on Impact, or in the country of Canada. Petey Williams came out and challenged him, tried to hit him with a Canadian Destroyer, but Adonis made the save and the two ran away.
– Jimmy Jacobs came out and joined the commentary team. What a waste of Jimmy Jacobs…
(1) Matt Sydal def. Sonjay Dutt with a Shooting Star Press. Ethan Carter III came out and mocked Sydal for choking at Bound For Glory and not being able to get the job done in the big moments.
(2) Eddie Edwards (c) def. El Hijo Del Fantasma to retain the GHC Heavyweight Championship. Said to be a very good match, and a representative for Pro Wrestling NOAH was present to make it an official title bout.
(3) Sami Callihan, Jake & Dave Christ def. three locals in a squash match. Members of LAX came out and the two groups go at each other. Homicide wants Callihan and tried to hit him with the Gringo Killer but OI4K saves him and they manage to escape.
– Johnny Impact came out and interrupted an interview with Global Forged winner Hakim Zane, leading to a massive brawl between him and Alberto el Patron. They fought all over the arena in a brawl that was said to be pretty great and finally made it back to the ring. Patron tried to cut a promo once again trashing Impact for screwing him over during the whole alleged domestic violence thing… Johnny said he wasn’t the Pride of Mexico because he wasn’t even the pride of his own father, prompting the fight to continue. El Patron locked in a cross armbreaker over the ropes and kept it on until officials finally separated them.
– Gail Kim came out to give her farewell speech. She tells young women everywhere to follow their dreams, and specifically thanked Trish Stratus, Victoria (aka Tara), Awesome Kong and Taryn Terrell for what they did for her career. Gail officially relinquished the Knockouts Championship just as she said she would do, effectively ending her career.
(4) Dezmond Xavier, Sonjay Dutt & Garza Jr. def. Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett & Taiji Ishimori in a six-man tag team match. The heels couldn’t get it together as Ishimori didn’t exactly fit in with the Cult of Trevor.
– Dan Lambert came out to talk some more trash about Canada and wants Impact Wrestling to finally grant Lashley his release from the company. Moose came out and went after him, but American Top Team came out for the “surprise” attack and put the boots to him. James Storm randomly came out to help, smashing a beer bottle over one of the ATT boys.
(5) Ethan Carter III (c) def. Fallah Bahh to retain the Impact Grand Championship. Yes this title is still a thing. The challenger took the first round, EC3 came back for the second. It looked like Bahh was going to put it away with a Banzai Drop but Carter rolled out of the way and got the pin.
(6) Sami Callihan, Jake & Dave Crist def. Homicide, Santana & Ortiz in a six-man tag team match. This was the follow-up to the segment earlier in the night. It’s possible this will air on the 11/17 show.
(7) Eli Drake (c) def. Petey Williams to retain the Global Championship. Said to be a great match, with Petey hitting a Canadian Destroyer at the end for a very close fake-out. The champ reversed a second Destroyer into the Gravy Train to get the win and retain his title.