Ulster GAA’s proposed designs for Casement Park.
Source: Presseye/Kelvin Boyes/INPHO
- Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt has signed a new deal that will see him keep the reins until the end of the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
- Pádraig Harrington has surged up 62 spots in the world rankings, moving to 97th, on the back of his win at the Portugal Masters.
- Cork All-Ireland football winner Daniel Goulding has announced his retirement from the inter-county game at the age of 30.
- Ulster GAA has revealed new plans for the €86m redevelopment of Casement Park which would see the ground’s capacity increase to 34,500.
- Katie Taylor has dismissed reports that she has returned to train in Bray Boxing Club under the stewardship of her father Pete.
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy.
Source: Nigel French
- Leicester City duo Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez are among the 30 players named on the shortlist for the Ballon d’Or.
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged by England’s Football Association for his elbow on Bournemouth’s Harry Arter on Saturday.
- Former Ireland defence coach Mike Ford has been named as Toulon’s new head coach following the club’s decision to sack Diego Dominguez.
- Portuguese sensation Renato Sanches has beaten England and Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford to the European Golden Boy award.
The Best Thing We Shared
The Republic of Telly takes a closer look at the Irish football fans who have struggled to re-adapt to society since the Euros.
Source: RTÉ Republic of Comedy/YouTube
On The Record
That was his biggest frustration: that he believed so much in the players and he knew what they can do and what they’re capable of, but sometimes they were not believing in themselves.
Munster director of rugby Rassie Erasmus explains that the late Anthony Foley would have been immensely proud of the way the province played against Glasgow on Saturday.
Where we were today
Fintan O’Toole was at a press conference at Parnell Park today ahead of Saturday’s Dublin SHC final between reigning champions Cuala and Kilmacud Crokes.
Ryan O’Dwyer (left) of Kilmacud Crokes and Cuala’s Mark Schutte.
Source: Piaras Ó Mídheach/SPORTSFILE
The Fixture List
- There are five games in the fourth round of the EFL Cup tomorrow night: Arsenal v Reading, Bristol City v Hull, Leeds v Norwich, Liverpool v Tottenham (live SS1) and Newcastle v Preston. All of those games kick off at 7.45pm.
- Closer to home, recently-crowned SSE Airtricity Premier Division champions Dundalk travel to St Pat’s (7.45pm).
- In the NFL, the Denver Broncos are at the Houston Texans from 1.15am.
Templeogue BC’s Lorcan Murphy showed some serious skills in executing this tasty reverse dunk in the Hula Hoops National Basketball Cup against UCC Demons last weekend.
Get closer to the stories that matter with exclusive analysis, insight and debate in The42 Membership.
Become a Member
Source: Templeogue Basketball Club/YouTube
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!